Searching for the best essential oils for face care? It pays to do your research: trust me! There are many different types of oils available but not all of them are safe to use on your face. The first step is to determine what problems you’re having before choosing essential oils for face care. Once you know the root of the problem, you can choose the best essential oil or blend of oils to use.
Here are some of the most common problems associated with the face and how they are normally treated:
Essential Oils for Acne: How to Use the Power of Essential Oils for Acne and Natural Skin Care
- Acne – Most people associate this condition with teenagers but anyone, even adults, can get acne. The most common way to treat acne is with Benzoyl Peroxide, Retinoids, Salicylic Acid, acne antibiotics and Vitamin A Acid Tablets. (see how you can get rid of acne with tea tree oil)
- Dermatitis – Also known as eczema, you can treat this condition with Corticosteroids, medicated creams and sometimes oral medication. (learn which oils are best for treating eczema)
- Rosacea – Looks similar to acne but this condition is recognized for the facial redness and broken capillaries. If you have Rosacea, you’ll need to follow a strict skincare regime and most people use a topical medication to help with the symptoms. Your doctor may recommend using lasers to help reduce the redness.
- Liver Spots – Also called age spots, liver spots are small brown patches of skin. They can appear anywhere on the body, including the face. Your doctor may recommend freezing the spots and then applying a topical skin brightening cream to help even out your skin tone.
You can learn more about these conditions and classic treatment options at European Dermatology London.
Best Essential Oils For Face
It’s not uncommon for someone with a skin condition on their face to feel ashamed or embarrassed. You may even feel like everyone is starring at you when you walk by. To treat these problems you need a treatment plan that works. Using lavender oil for face care or another type of essential oil on your face is a natural way to treat many skin conditions. Rose oil for face care is another example of facial oil that is gentle to use but very effective.
Some of the best facial oils include:Helichrysum – 100% Pure, Best Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil – 10ml
- Tea Tree Oil – has antibacterial properties, regulates oil production
- Lavender Oil – regenerates skin cells
- Primrose Oil – rejuvenates and smoothes the skin, reduces dark eye circles and redness
- Rose Oil – stimulates circulation while tightening and toning the skin
- Helichrysum Oil – has restorative properties
- Myrrh Oil – promotes healthy skin for a youthful appearance
- Frankincense Oil – has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties, encourages new cell growth
- Patchouli Oil – acts as a natural moisturizer, promotes new cell growth
- Carrot Seed Oil – has rejuvenating properties
- Geranium Oil – promotes blood circulation, regulates oil production and improves skin elasticity
- Ylang Ylang Oil – has regenerative properties, regulates the body’s oil production
- Juniper Oil – kills bacteria and works great for eczema.
- Argan Oil – moisturizes and smoothes fine lines associated with wrinkles
- Jojoba Oil – reduces oil production, cleans and unclogs pores
- Coconut Oil – moisturizes the skin and has anti-viral, bacterial and fungal properties. Get a FREE jar of coconut oil here!
The best face oils are of good quality and they’ll leave your skin radiant and healthy looking, which is an added benefit.
How Essential Oils Help Many Facial Skin Conditions
Essential oils give you an alternative to prescription medicines. In addition to having smooth healthy skin, essential oils can clean and moisturize your face. They can help to improve your skin tone and give your face a soft, healthy glow.
Depending on which type of oil or combination of oils you use, they can also improve skin elasticity and encourage new cell growth. Face oils also promote circulation, regulate oil production and have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and rejuvenating properties. They will help improve your self-esteem because when you look good, you feel good 😉
My Personal Favorite Oils For Face
Radha Beauty Rosehip Oil – 100% Pure Cold Pressed Certified Organic 4 fl. oz. – BEST moisturizer to heal Dry Skin & Fine Lines – Virgin Rose Hip Seed Oil For Face and SkinLiving Pure Frankincense Essential Oil | 100% Natural & Organic | Undiluted Therapeutic & Aromatherapy Grade Oils | Use Topically or in Diffuser | Perfect for Aging Skin, Healing Cuts, Eczema, Inflammation, Insomnia Relief Sleep AidAnti-Aging Carrot Pure-Seed-Oil. All-Natural Cold-Pressed|Undiluted-Carrier-Oil. Great for Face/Hair/Body. Use Alone or Infuse favorite Luxury-Skin-Care Products! Gluten-Free|Parabens-Free 0.5 oz