With air and train travel yet to resume in full swing, people are hitting the road even during the Coronavirus epidemic. Considering the vacation season that is right on the cards, people cannot help but take on the roads. But the fear that prevails around needs special attention. Traveling can be fun even in these difficult times, provided you are a bit more careful and consistent with your safety precautions.
What else? Put on your mask and your gloves while calming down Coronavirus travel fears with these handy tips below:
Plan Travel Wisely
According to the CDC or Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the first step to stay safe while traveling is to choose the area wisely.
- Make sure the place you are traveling to does not have many COVID affected patients. If yes, then canceling your travel is the best.
- Always keeping a distance of 6 feet between you and the next person is ideal.
- For booking a hotel or anything, use your cards instead of cash. This way, you can avoid getting in close contact with other people.
- It is better not to stay outside at night. If you have to, make sure the hotel room, washroom, and everything is thoroughly sanitized.
- If you are going by car, do not forget to sanitize it thoroughly. Besides this, after unloading the luggage from the roof rack, ensure to sanitize it thoroughly.
- Avoid stopping between your house and the destination to avoid people as much as possible.
- Choose a place where the crowd is less. Larger the crowd, higher is the chance of infection.
Washing Your Hands Frequently Is Must
Both of your hands come in close contact with a lot of germs as you touch many things while traveling. Thus, washing them frequently is the need of the hour. It is better if you use Lukewarm water and soap.
Rubbing your hands with soap and plain water for at least 20-30 seconds can also eliminate the virus. In the absence of water, use a hand sanitizer with 60% or more alcohol.
Besides that, most people have the habit of touching their faces, mouth, nose, eyes, or T-zone unnecessarily. This should completely be avoided, especially with unwashed hands.
Gloves and Mask Are the Keys to Protection
During your travel, you might not know whether the person beside you is sick or not. He or she might sneeze or cough that will spread the virus. Thus, wearing a proper mask to cover your mouth and nose completely is mandatory.
According to the CDC, N95, and N99 rated masks are capable of giving full protection against the airborne virus like Novel Coronavirus. However, these masks are mandatory for the COVID affected people. Other people can use a simple and clean cloth to cover their faces.
You never know the seats where you are sitting, or the things you are touching are safe or not. Though sanitization has become a priority everywhere, it is better to be cautious. Wear disposable gloves before going outside, and once you are in a safe zone, get rid of them.
Carrying antibacterial wipes having 70% alcohol is also an excellent option for cleaning flight or train seats, handles, or anything before touching.
Avoid Buying Food and Water from Outside
Gone are the days when you used to grab a burger and a cold drink if you feel hungry. Now, think twice before doing that! You have no idea who is cooking the food, whether the place is sanitized or not, the chef is healthy or not.
Outside foods, especially those available in open places, can have a lot of the virus. Thus, carrying your food from home is the safest, until any permanent solution to COVID-19 comes.
If you are bound to buy bottled water, wipe the bottle first with the disinfectant wipes. Then drink the water. However, packing your water bottle is wise.
Vital Safety Measures
These are some of the safety measures that the travelers must take.
- On trains or flights, always carry your pillow.
- Do not book connecting flights. Otherwise, you have to spend more time at the airport, which is unwanted during this pandemic.
- In case of flight travel, opt for the window seat always and try to be in one place for the whole journey.
- Using public restrooms is not a good option. But if you have to, then use a disinfectant spray and spray it thoroughly over the whole area. As soon as you are done, clean your hands, as mentioned above.
- Wherever you go, carry sanitizer, disinfectant wipes and spray, and a mask.
- Wash your clothes, mask, hands, feet and face after reaching the destination.
The Bottom Line
Coronavirus has taken a toll all over the world. Thus, following the new CDC and WHO protocols is necessary for going to the grocery store, the park, or any other places.
Each state has its quarantine and lockdown rules. Airports and stations are also following specific norms. Having a thorough idea about these is compulsory while traveling.
The 5 tips mentioned above will surely help you stay safe. But in case you feel sick or have fever, cough, or other symptoms of COVID 19, visit a doctor at once!
Rebecca Siggers is a passionate writer & guest blogger. Writing helps her to improve her knowledge, skills & understanding about the specific industry. She loves writing & sharing her knowledge mostly in the Travelling Industry. She believes travelling is the key to a peaceful life & wants to spread her belief across the world. Apart from writing, She loves Traveling and Reading.