The human face is like an open book – it tells a story. Every wrinkle relays the bygone years, every blemish tells a story of exploit. Laughing lines may say something about humor and wit, while a sagging mouth can speak about tales of sadness and years of sorrow. Anyone who arrives at the point of maturity would certainly like to hide these signs of aging and maintain a beautiful young face that can turn heads ;).
For years, the shock of growing old has driven many people to look for the elixir of youth that can erase the marks of aging in the face, brought on by the long-gone years. Perhaps one of the most amazing breakthroughs in keeping a beautiful, youthful and glowing face is the discovery of essential oils, essences taken from nature itself. Among these oils, tea tree oil promises to slash years from one’s appearance because of its cellular regenerative properties.
Cellular regeneration is one key factor in maintaining a youthful skin. When we age, we lose a protein called collagen, which is responsible for the bounciness of the face. Essential oils like tea tree oil contain nutrients and proteins that encourage the production of collagen. In addition, the circulation stimulating properties of tea tree oil helps oxygenate the blood which consequently energize the cells, permitting regeneration to take place.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Face
Tea tree oil has many properties that beneficially soothes and nourish the skin. What’s more is that, since it is naturally produced by nature, irritations and adverse reactions are less likely to occur when compared to synthetic face care products.
There are many ways you can use tea tree oil for the face. Here are some DIY tea tree oil recipes you can try at home.
Tea Tree Oil Facial Toner Recipe
- 1.5 oz. raw, organic apple cider vinegar
- 6 drops tea tree essential oil
- 1.5 oz. filtered water
- Fill a 3 oz. spray bottle halfway with apple cider vinegar
- Fill remainder of bottle with water.
- Mix in essential oil.
- After washing face, gently spray the mixture directly into face or put on cotton pads and apply to face.
- Moisturize afterwards.
Tea Tree Oil Facial Cream Recipe
- ½ tbsp. witch hazel extract
- 1 tbsp. rosewater
- 1 tbsp. jojoba oil
- ½ tbsp. hazelnut oil
- 2 tsp. emulsifying wax
- 20 drops tea tree essential oil
- Bring a pot with 3 inches water to simmer.
- Place all ingredients together, except essential oil, in a glass-measuring cup.
- Put measuring cup into simmering water and allow melting.
- Remove from heat and whisk thoroughly to incorporate for 5 minutes.
- Add in essential oil and transfer into a clean container.