The main essential oils benefits are the ability they have to improve your mental, emotional and physical health. Essential oils are the essence or volatile substances of the plants from which they are distilled. The removal process takes time but it’s certainly worth it for all the benefits these oils provide.
High quality therapeutic grade oils are all natural and very powerful. They don’t have any synthetic or harmful ingredient that can cause bad side effects the way many medications do. For these reasons, essential oils are a safe and effective way to treat many health problems for most people.
Five Benefits of Using Essential Oils
Aromatherapy has many benefits that make it an appealing option for many people. If you’re new to essential oils, then you may be a little skeptical about whether or not they are truly beneficial. Many people believe in the healing powers of these oils but there is very little actual research available.
Here are five of the main benefits associated with essential oils that can help you determine if giving them a try is the right choice for you and your family:
- They freshen and purify the air while filling the room with whatever scent you’re in the mood for. They actually clean the air instead of covering up smells so the only thing left lingering is a wonderful scent.
- Many essential oils have healing properties that help with a wide variety of medical conditions such as respiratory problems. Some oils boost the immune system, ease pain and improve digestive problems. If you suffer from insomnia, some of them such as lavender can help you fall asleep faster and rest more peacefully.
- The aroma from essential oils can improve your mental and emotional state by making you feel happy and more accepting. They ease stress, help you relax, improve your mood and some oils such as peppermint can help you concentrate and focus better.
- Essential oils are great for the skin. They can heal a lot of skin conditions such as eczema and acne and some of them can help reduce signs of aging and rejuvenate the skin.
- They make excellent cleaning products because they clean and disinfect without filling your home with toxic chemicals.
One of the perks of using aromatherapy is that you get to choose any scent you like and change them to match your mood or health needs as often as needed. You’re in complete control.
More about Lavender and Peppermint Essential Oil Benefits
The two most used oils are lavender and peppermint. Lavender is famous for its floral, relaxing aroma that helps you fall asleep and rest easy. The amazing scent soothes nervous tension, anxiety and depression and aids the digestive system. You can use it to treat respiratory problems, enhance blood circulation, relieve headaches, muscle pain and joint pain. Lavender oil is very powerful but gentle enough for kids.
Peppermint is often used to enhance the digestive system but it also helps relieve headaches, inflammation, congestion, muscle and joint pain. Peppermint oil can also help improve your mood, give you energy and you can even use it as a bug repellent. However, this oil is too strong to use on children.
Essential oils have many benefits that can help improve your quality of life. You can use them in a diffuser, diffuser jewelry, bathwater, creams, lotions and sprays and there are thousands of recipes available to help you get started.