If you ever had a yeast infection, you know what discomfort is: yeast infections are very uncomfortable and the itch can drive you crazy. You may have tried over the counter creams, maybe even Diflucan or Nystatin by mouth, but your candida keeps coming back. If you wondered if there’s a natural treatment of yeast infection, you’ll be happy to know I have a few options for you 😉
How To Avoid Yeast Infections
If you have repeated yeast infections, you need to figure out what you’re doing to cause them, so you can then avoid those things. Here are some of the most common ways to prevent yeast infections:
- avoid sugar in any form: sugar feeds the yeast and it’s practically impossible to gt rid of a yeast infection if you eat sugar: this includes carbohydrates, which transform into sugar in your body.
- wear cotton panties, to stay dry (nylon and other type undies promote moisture)
- don’t wear pants or shorts that are too tight
- stay away from feminine products that can irritate: tampons, douches, etc.
- add probiotics to your daily routine
- try to avoid stress as much as possible
Natural Treatment Of Yeast Infection
If you never had yeast infection before, and aren’t sure that’s what you have, you should go to the doctor to get checked. But if you’ve had it before, there are a number of products available over the counter to help with the itch and treat yeast infections. Most of the time they work quite well, but they can be costly, and of course, if you like to use a natural approach, that’s not it!
Here are some completely natural ways to soothe a yeast infection:
- apply some plain yogurt to the affected area for about 30 minutes, or overnight to cool the area and stop the itch.
- some women have successfully used a clove of garlic inserted in their vagina overnight. While this might work, be careful as garlic could sting really bad
- apply coconut oil to the infected area. You can make coconut suppositories by putting the coconut jar in the fridge for 30 minutes and shaping a suppository quickly (you need to be fast, as coconut oil melts easily at body temperature. Or, you can use a suppository mold 😉
- add half a cup of apple cider vinegar to a small bucket and fill with warm water and sit in it for a few minutes. You can also use half of a cup of baking soda the same way (not together with the vinegar)
Here are more ideas about how to cure candida naturally and permanently
Essential Oils for Yeast Infections
Coconut, lavender and tea tree oil suppositories
Suppository Mold Trays (2) And 5 Pipettes For Easy Filling
This is by far my favorite natural treatment for yeast infection: it’s natural, gentle, and effective.
- 3 tbs organic coconut oil
- 8 drops lavender oil
- 8 drops tea tree oil
- suppository mold
Melt the coconut oil (I put the 3 tbs of coconut in a glass jar and then immerse the jar into a cup of hot water: melts really quick, without overheating the oil), then add the essential oils and pour into the silicon suppositories mold. Place in the fridge until solid, and use twice a day.
You get almost instant relief with these suppositories, but the coconut oil will start melting as soon as it touches your body. Use a day pad to protect your underwear and if you can, lay down for about 10 minutes to give the mixture a chance to stay in and get absorbed.
Rosemary and grape seed oil remedy for candida infections
Radha Beauty Therapeutic Grade Rosemary Essential Oil – Big 4 oz
Here’s another natural remedy I found while doing some research. It uses rosemary and grapeseed oil and will soothe the skin and stop the itch of a yeast infection fast.
- Grapeseed oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- One ounce amber bottle
- Sanitary napkin
Place 30 drops of rosemary essential oil in your amber bottle. Next, fill the bottle up with the Grapeseed oil. It will take about one tablespoon of the carrier oil to fill the one ounce bottle. Leave enough room to shake the bottle to mix the oils together. Cover the sanitary napkin with the mixture and wear it to sooth the itch.
You can also substitute the rosemary essential oil for tea tree oil, which offers a more cooling effect. She also gives you examples of other oils that you can use in the same way.
Watch the video for more information.