From time to time, we all experience stress and anxiety. Stressful situations happen every day and that can result in feelings of anxiety. Treatments for anxiety often involve unnatural, addictive medications which cause sleepiness and loss of interest. Why not learn how to use lavender oil for anxiety? The lavender essential oil is easy to use, inexpensive, and has no known bad side effects: just good, relaxing, calming action on your mind and body!
Lavender Essential Oil Roll-On Bottle: Perfect to keep in your purse for anxiety! Lavender essential oil is a favorite oil for EO users because of its pleasant scent and many uses! It is both relaxing and calming, but more importantly, when used in aromatherapy, it helps lift the spirits!
There are several ways to use lavender essential oil to help reduce anxiety: use it in massage blends, air diffusers, or in aromatherapy! Here are some ideas and recipes to help you get started with lavender oil as a much-needed relief from everyday anxiety!
How To Use Lavender Oil For Anxiety
Here are just a few aromatherapy ideas for uplifting the spirit with lavender essential oil
- Simply Inhale! To help release tension, drop a few drops into a small bottle or onto a tissue and inhale. You can easily carry a small vial around with you during the day and at the slightest onset of anxiety, take a time out to inhale the calming fragrance!
- Wear as a perfume! Diluted lavender essential oil can make a lovely scented perfume which will give off a scent of tranquility! Add a carrier oil such as sweet almond oil and a few drops of lavender oil to a 5 ml roller bottle and dab it onto your wrists or neck throughout the day to carry the scent with you!
- Diffuse in your work space! Add a few (5-8) drops of lavender oil to your favorite diffuser and enjoy the calming aroma it spreads through the room.
Add to your evening bath! Mix 10 drops of lavender oil with a handful of Epsom salt and add it to your bath water. It will not only create a calming atmosphere, but it will also absorb into your skin and help you feel pleasantly calm while reducing anxiety!
Body Massage For Anxiety
Did you know that body massage with essential oils can help you relax and lower stress? Many of us carry stress anxiety in our shoulders an neck; a nice relaxing massage clouds work wonders for getting rid of that stress and anxiety.
As a result, you’ll be more relaxed, sleep better and have a better life quality.
Massage Blend to Help Reduce Anxiety
Massage Oil for Tense Muscles
- 3 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 drops Petitgrain Essential Oil
- 1 drop Basil Essential Oil
- 1 oz Sweet Almond Oil
Shake well and use as a massage oil for tensed muscles.
Anti-Anxiety, Relaxing Oil Blends for Your Bath, Vaporizer, or Diffuser!
Use of these essential oil combinations either in your diffusee or add to your bath (with some Epsom salt) to help you de-stress and fell less anxious.
- 4 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 3 drops Neroli Essential Oil
- 2 drops Geranium Essential Oil
- 5 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 4 drops Rose Essential Oil
Lavender oil combines well with many other essential oils. Just experiment combining lavender with other anti-anxiety oils to help you discover YOUR favorite, relaxing scent! Here are some oils you could try:
- bergamot oil
- rose geranium ool
- ylang-ylang oil
- Roman chamomile oil
- sandalwood oil
- frankincense oil
As you see, learning how to use lavender oil for anxiety is easy. Try one or more of these ideas and see how it helps you keep anxiety at bay.