Most colognes on the market today contain synthetic fragrances our family decided not to use, so this year, for Father’s day, I decided to make an essential oil cologne for my husband. I’ve done a lot of research about essential oil cologne recipes for men, and I’m excited to share with you what I found.
First of all, let’s see what are some of the best essential oils for men from a smell point of view.
Top Essential Oils For Men
ACHS did some studies and found that these 5 oils are men’s favorites:
- Black Pepper Essential – spicy, sporty, and woody aroma that adds a classic and robust vibe to men’s blends
- Bay Essential Oil – sweet, uplifting aroma with a hint of spice
- Copaiba Balsam Essential Oil – promotes nourished and cleansed skin, and it is a fantastic addition to homemade aftershave and other bath products for men
- Sandalwood Essential Oil – sweet, woody, and long-lasting aroma is uplifting and invigorating
- Vetiver Essential Oil – deep, husky, earthy aroma
I personally have a few more oils in mind that would be perfect for men’s cologne:
- any of the citrus oils: everyone needs a bit of uplifting 😉
- some herbal oils that men love: basil oil, peppermint, rosemary and lavender
- to add some spice: cassia, cinnamon, coriander
DIY Essential Oil Cologne Recipes for Men
All the recipes below will require a 10 ml roller bottle, preferably made of colored glass. (these are the ones I get). To make the cologne, add your essential oils to the bottle first, then add the carrier oil and mix as you fill the bottle.
Fresh Scented Perfume
Sandalwood Essential Oil, 100% Pure, Undiluted, Therapeutic Grade By Avíanō Botanicals – 10mlBeauty Aura Essential Oil, Cedarwood, 4 OunceBergamot 100% Pure Essential Oil Therapeutic Grade- 10 Ml (Bergamot, 10ml)
Minty Fresh Perfume
Spice Me Up Perfume
- 15 drops cinnamon oil
- 10 drops cassia oil
- 7 drops pepperm7 drops grapefruit oil
- 10 ml FCO
How To Put On Roll-On Perfume
If you wonder how to apply roll on perfume, it’s really easy: you can simply roll it behind your ears, on your wrists, on your neck, and any other pulse points you might like to. One thing you SHOULDN’T do is use these perfumes made with oils on your clothing.
If you want to know more about essential oils for men , see this post.
Pin this for later 🙂