Lavender essential oil has both stimulating and relaxing properties! It is known as a powerful healer and an antiseptic! Lavender essential oil refreshes, calms, invigorates and lifts the spirits!
Lavender essential oil has been used in massage oil blends for many centuries! The Romans were fond of essential oil s and used Lavender essential oil for perfumed baths, massages, and speed healing every day! In the 18th Century, Lavender essential oil also began to be used in soap, perfumes, talc and potpourri!
Massage therapy is a special way of using lavender essential oil blends! Some would say it is the most pleasurable, combining the senses of touch and smell. It is also a therapeutic method as essential oils are diluted in a carrier oil, like sunflower, and rubbed directly into the skin.
Massage therapy with essential oils has two further bonuses! First, it stimulates circulation enabling the essential oils to disperse rapidly around the body and second, essential oils create a warmth with skin on skin friction, and this also causes the essential oil s to smell stronger so that you get the therapeutic benefits of both the mind and the body!
Lavender essential oil can be used blended with carrier oils like sunflower oil or sweet almond oil. It can also be utilized in a combination with other essential oils and an excellent carrier oil! Massage oils can be used for the entire body and offer many benefits! Take a look at these therapeutic massage blends using lavender essential oil!
Back Massage Blends
Relaxing Back Massage Blend
- 7 Drops Lavender essential oil
- 4 Drops Rose essential oil
- 4 Drops Mimosa essential oil
- 2 fl oz. Sunflower Carrier Oil
Backache Massage Blend
- 6 Drops Lavender essential oil
- 6 Drops Eucalyptus essential oil
- 3 Drops Lemon essential oil
- 2 fl oz. Safflower Carrier Oil
Tense Muscle Back Massage Blend
- 8 Drops Lavender essential oil
- 5 Drops Petitgrain essential oil
- 2 Drops Basil essential oil
- 2 fl oz. Jojoba Carrier Oil
More Blends With Lavender Oil for Massage
Relaxing Massage Blends for the Face, Neck, Temple, or Scalp!
- 3 Drops Lavender essential oil
- 3 Drops Rose essential oil
- 3 Drops Geranium essential oil
- 1 fl oz. Sweet Almond Carrier Oil
Headache Massage Blend!
- 2 Drops Lavender essential oil
- 2 Drops Rose essential oil
- 1 Drop Chamomile essential oil
- 1 fl oz. Sunflower Oil
Lavender essential oil blends can be used for leg, arm and foot massages also! Remember that lavender essential oil is great for the skin! It encourages the growth of new skin cells which helps preserve a healthy looking skin while keeping it soft to the touch!