It’s no secret that we live in a stressful environment, always assaulted by situations that produce stress and anxiety. That doesn’t mean we need to just lay down and give up: there are many ways to cope with the daily stress and anxiety. One of the best ways to find a nice balance is to use essential oils for anxiety and stress.
A couple weeks ago I was offered the Tranquility blend by Phytopia to give my honest opinion about it, and I was excited to try something new, especially since I suffer with insomnia and stress easily. I wrote about helpful tips for a better sleep before , as well and tips on dealing with anxiety and stress, but it’s worth looking at different options, as we are all different.
5 Ways to De-stress at the End of the Day
- Leave the worries and problems related to work at the door.
- Spend quality time with your family: running around with your children, laughing with them, listening to their stories, will help you forget about stress and give you a happiness boost that’s invaluable
- Take some time for yourself: it could be reading your favorite book, experimenting in the kitchen, watching a show, or exercising. It doesn’t matter what you do, as ling as you take time to enjoy yourself.
- Plan your next day: while this may sound counterproductive, I promoter you it will take stress off of you: by putting your plans and ideas on paper, you’ll be able to remove them form your brain monetarily, knowing they are safe when you get up the next day
- Take a warm bath or shower to help you relax your muscles and induce sleep
7 Best Essential Oils For Anxiety And Stress
These 7 essential oils are known to help you relax, improve mood and create a feeling of well-being. These oils can be used in a diffuser or topically. My favorite oils for stress and anxiety are:
- lavender essential oil
- bergamot essential oil
- rose geranium essential oil
- jasmine essential oil
- Ylang Ylang essential oil
- wild orange essential oil
- Roman chamomile essential oil
Tranquility Essential Oil for Anxiety & Stress Relief
The Tranquility essential oil blend by Phytopia contains 4 essential oils and a carrier oil and 3 of these oils are on my list of favorite oils for stress and anxiety.
- Rose Oil
- Vanilla Oil
- Geranium Oil
- Orange Oil
Tranquility blend comes in a very well thought out presentation, well packaged, so it won’t break or get damaged, and it’s BEAUTIFUL. This essential oil blend is ready to give as a gift for any occasion: it could be a gift for Mother’s Day, Christmas, teacher appreciation, and more.
Then, once I opened the bottle, I liked the soothing scent of the blend: to me it has a floral scent that is both relaxing and uplifting. The bottle has clear instructions about the best ways to use it:
- use a few drops in your bath water
- massage your neck and shoulders
- keep it in your purse for a quick sniff when needed
A Word of Caution
Be careful using Phytopia’s Tranquility blend if you suffer with low blood pressure as it could further lower your blood pressure. You could start slowly, with just inhaling it first, and watch how it makes you feel.
If you’d like to get your own bottle of tranquility form Phytopia, make sure to check them on on Amazon.