Are you familiar with the many different Thieves essential oil uses? Thieves oil is actually a combination of the following five oils: Eucalyptus radiata, clove, cinnamon, lemon and rosemary. This amazing combination creates a nice rich, spicy aroma that many people find very appealing. It also has many therapeutic benefits that make it a good oil to have in your collection.
Here are a few of the health benefits you can receive when you use Thieves oil:
- It helps to improve your mood and create a sense of happiness or positive feelings.
- Diffusing this oil will clear up congestion and eliminate infection caused by allergies and sinusitis
- It will improve concentration and help you stay focused
- Inhale Thieves oil to treat bronchitis and other respiratory problems
- Place a drop of oil on the affected area to ease toothache pain
- Dab the oil on your temples and forehead to relieve headache pain
Thieves essential oil has so many health benefits that you can even purchase it in a vegetable capsule that was created to help improve your immune system, as well as Thieves toothpaste and Thieves lozenges.
In addition to the health benefits listed here, this very powerful essential oil has many other uses.
Most Common Thieves Essential Oil Uses
Young Living Thieves 5ml Essential Oil
Thieves oil is one of the most popular oils used today because it has so many different uses. You can take care of most of your basic needs with this one oil, which explains why it’s still popular after so many years.
Here are some of the most common uses for Thieves essential oil:
- Air Freshener and Sanitizer – Diffusing Thieves oil helps to create a peaceful sanctuary where you feel comfortable and relaxed. It will also eliminate any germs or bacteria that might be lingering around to help reduce your risks of getting sick, if someone else in your home comes down with something.
- DIY Cleaning Supplies – Use Thieves oil to make your own DIY cleaning supplies. Some of your options include dish soap, carpet cleaner, surface cleaner, laundry detergent, floor cleaner and an all-purpose cleaner for other areas of your home.
- Use Topically to Promote Healing – You can prevent infection in cuts and abrasions, promote fast healing, control acne and treat bug bites and stings when you use this oil topically. You can also relieve the pain and discomfort from sore muscles and joints.
- DIY Personal Care Products – Use this oil to make your own toothpaste, foaming hand soap, deodorant and mouthwash to name a few options.
- Bug Repellent – Make a water-based spray using Thieves to repel bugs and insects. It will help keep them out of your garden and off your plants and flowers.
- Cooking – You can even add this oil to certain foods to give it a cinnamon flavor (do your own research regarding ingesting essential oils).
When putting together an essential oil started kit, be sure to include this one in your collection. However, always use high-quality oil to ensure you’re receiving all the benefits. It may cost a little more but its well worth it.
Thieves Essential Oil Precautions and Warnings
Thieves oil is an excellent oil with many uses and health benefits. Since it’s a natural oil, many people automatically believe that it’s safe to use but that is not always the case. For most people, using Thieves is perfectly safe. However, there are certain circumstances in which you should avoid using this oil.
For example, if you’re pregnant or breast-feeding, don’t use Thieves essential oil because the effects it would have on your child is unknown. Using this oil repeatedly may cause sensitization so use with caution. Due to its potency, this oil is not recommended for children and you should always dilute the oil before using.
Always use caution when using any essential oil, including Thieves to make sure it is safe for you and your family. Be sure to test for allergies, especially if you have sensitive skin. If you’re certain it’s safe for you to use Thieves, then you can begin taking advantage of all its uses and health benefits right away.
Thieves Oil Versions From Other Companies
Best Health Shield (Compare to Thieves Oil by Young Living, Four Thieves by Eden’s Garden) 100% Pure, Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil Blend – 10mlKing Of Thieves Essential Oil Blend – 100% Pure, Therapeutic grade, Unique Organic Formula, Full 15ml – by HopeWind HealthGerm Fighter Synergy Essential Oil Blend. 10 ml. 100% Pure, Undiluted, Therapeutic Grade. (Blend of: Lemon, Clove Bud, Cinnamon Cassia, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary)