As the warmer days are starting to show up more often, it’s time to think of ways to stay hydrated throughout the day. Drinking water is always important, but more so in the hot days of summer. If you have trouble drinking enough water, try a but of variation: make some fruit infused waters, add a squeeze of lemon, or make use of the mint growing in your yard. Let’s take a look at how to make mint lemonade: it’s quick and easy.
What You Need To Make Mint Lemonade
Making mint lemonade is really simple. You only need a few ingredients and a blender. Here’s what you’ll need:
- a handful of washed fresh mint leaves (I have lots of mint growing by my driveway. If you don’t have any, it’s time to plant some. Just make sure you plant it in containers, because it tends to be invasive).
- 2 – 4 tablespoons of organic maple syrup (depending on how sweet you like your lemonade). I buy mine at Costco, but you can also get it online here
- freshly squeezed lemon juice from 2 medium lemons (you can actually put the lemons whole, minus the peel, including the white part, which woudl make your lemonade bitter)
- 2 quarts of water (I’d use only 1.5 for blending and add the rest after, so that your blender can do its job)
- a blender (this is my favorite blender)
- a strainer
- a glass container (bottle, jar, carafe, etc.)
Note: if you don’t have fresh mint, you can use these organic dried mint leaves. This will also work in the winter when there are no fresh mint leaves in your garden 😉
Here are some good options for a glass container if you don’t have one.
Artcome 65 Oz Large Heat Resistant Water Carafe with Stainless Steel Lid, Borosilicate Glass Beverage Pitcher with LidHiware 50 Oz Glass Drip-free Carafe with Stainless Steel Flip-top Lid, Hot and Cold Glass Water PitcherEpica 18-Oz. Glass Beverage Bottles, Set of 6
How To Make Mint Lemonade
Making this mint lemonade couldn’t be easier. Just peel (or juice) the lemons, add the organic maple syrup, water and mint leaves and blend for 30-60 seconds, depending on the strength of your blender.
Once you finish blending your lemonade, strain it into a glass container and let it chill in the fridge. Done! Now enjoy it.
Health Benefits Of Drinking Mint Lemonade
While the mint lemonade is a cinch to make, it has several health benefits. Here are just a few:
- provides an easy way to stay hydrated (learn more about how to stay hydrated with fruit infused water)
- promotes good digestion
- will help detox your body
- is refreshing, giving you a boost of energy if you get sluggish
- provides relief from headaches
This mint lemonade is refreshing and healthy: keep a bottle of it in the fridge for a quick drink whenever you're thirsty or need a pick me up.
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 2 quarts water
Wash the mint leaves
Juice the lemons
Pour 1.5 quarts of water into the blender and add the lemons juice, organic maple syrup and mint leaves
Blend for 30 - 60 seconds, depending on the strength of your blender
Strain mixture into a glass container
Lemonade Pitcher And Glasses
If you want to serve your mint lemonade to guests, you’ll need a beautiful pitcher and glasses. Well, truth be told, I like treating myself to a cold lemonade in a pretty glass: for some reason, it just makes me feel better 😉
Libbey 7-pc. Country Fair Lemonade Server SetFairy Garden Lemonade SetSet of 2 Glass Fridge Pitchers with Yellow Lids – Water Jug with Easy Pour Spout and Handle – For Water, Iced Tea, Juice, Lemonade (50 Oz.)