Essential oils for depression can help brighten up the day when you’re feeling a little down. You can treat all types of depression that range from mild to chronic symptoms using these oils. Depression can keep you from living your life the way you want to and it makes it hard to deal with everyday life. However, you don’t have to struggle so hard or deal with your symptoms alone. Learn how to use essential oils for anxiety and depression, so that you can enjoy life’s little pleasures. The Depression Cure:
The 6-Step Program
to Beat Depression without Drugs
Signs of depression:
- No appetite
- Low self-esteem
- Low sex drive
- No social life
If not treated, depression can get worse and overtime even lead to suicidal thoughts but with proper treatment, you can overcome depression.
How Essential Oils Can Help With Depression
Certain aromas have a huge effect on your mental and emotional state. When the scents around you reach your brain, you begin to react to them in a negative or positive way. The aromas from essential oils are very powerful. They have the potential to make a big impact on your emotions and mood, which is why they work so well when treating depression.
Need help fast? THIS BLEND is ready to use and works great!
The best essential oils for depression according to New Health Advisor are:
- Lavender – boosts your mood, relieves stress and helps you fall asleep faster
- Bergamot – stimulates your senses and helps you find inner balance
- Sandalwood – calms your nerves and promotes inner peace
- Rose – stimulates circulation, reduces stress and improves your mood
- Ylang Ylang – Promotes calmness, lowers stress levels and improves your overall mood
- Roman Chamomile – promotes calmness and helps you relax so you can fall asleep faster
- Geranium – helps you control your emotions and improves your mood
- Clary Sage – improves self-esteem and enhances your feeling of hope and strength
- Basil – lifts your spirits, improves circulation and stimulates your mind
- Jasmine – helps you regulate emotions and promotes calmness
Majestic Bergamot Essential Oil, Premium Quality from Calabria, 1 Fluid OunceSandalwood (Nepal) Best Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil – 10mlBeauty Aura Ylang Ylang Essential Oil – 4 Oz. Bottle- 100% Pure, Undiluted Therapeutic Grade Oils – Ideal for AromatherapyNOW Foods Clary Sage Oil, 1 ounceLavender Essential Oil 4 Oz – 100% Pure & Natural Therapeutic Grade100% Pure Jasmine Essential Oil From France – Ultra Premium Undiluted Jasmine Oil By Aviano Botanicals – 10mlBasil 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil by Edens Garden- 10 mldoTERRA Geranium Essential Oil 15 mlMajestic Pure Rose Oil Absolute, 100% Pure and Authentic Therapeutic Grade, 1 Fluid Ounce
Blend of Essential Oils For Depression
Use this depression fighting blend in your diffuser.
Lavender Essential Oil 4 Oz – 100% Pure & Natural Therapeutic GradedoTERRA Geranium Essential Oil 15 mlMajestic Bergamot Essential Oil, Premium Quality from Calabria, 1 Fluid Ounce
In addition to using these oils individually, you can also mix and blend them together to create the perfect essential oil recipes for you personally. They are a great alternative to prescription drugs that may have bad side effects. They also have other benefits such as making your home smell clean and fresh.
Other Treatment Options for Depression
It’s normal to feel a little depressed once in a while but when it starts to interfere with your life, it’s time to take action. Depression is treatable and you have several options to choose from that includes finding the best essential oils for depression to help enhance your mood and induce a calm, relaxed feeling.
HelpGuide.org offers some great tips for dealing with depression and discusses the following common ways to treat the problem:
- Lifestyle changes – Certain lifestyle changes such as eating healthy, following an exercise routine and getting enough rest can help relieve depression.
- See a therapist – A professional therapist will help you determine the cause of your depression and teach you ways to deal with the symptoms.
- Medication – Some doctors will prescribe medications like antidepressants to help you deal with your symptoms while you discover and remove the source of the problem.
- Remove the source of the depression – Living in an abusive relationship or following a career path you’re unhappy with, along with many other environmental factors can cause depression. In these cases, making changes to remove the source can help improve your symptoms. If the depression is caused by a medical condition, treating the problem will help.
- Alternative treatments – Alternative treatment options include taking herbal remedies, supplements or vitamins, acupuncture and practicing relaxation techniques.
Aromatherapy for depression is another option that can help you relax and feel calm while improving your overall mood.
Very helpful information and products for depression.