Any woman you know is a proud owner of a lip balm (or two) as it is a quick and easy fix to achieve naturally kissable and pinkish lips. Lip balm is considered as a makeup must have and sure enough, every pocket of a bag or a jean most likely would have a lip balm in it. Girls receive lip balms as an introduction to the colorful and complex world of cosmetics. It is considered essential!
With so many commercial lip balms to choose from varying tint, packaging, and brand, finding the best lip balm has become a common question. Sure, women would want to be pretty but they also want to ensure that the products that they put on their skin is safe and healthy too.
We can now feed our lip balm addiction by going all natural starting with our lip balms. All organic, natural lip balm is becoming tough competition for the current brands. Not only is it cost efficient but it also proves to be a healthier and smarter choice. A lot of homemade lip balm is infused with essential oils to make it smell nicer and for users to take advantage of the benefits of these oils.
Create your own natural lip balm instead of buying a new one every time you misplaced yours and save hundreds of dollars! You might not even notice how much you are already spending with this lip care kit. It is such a quick and easy fix that your wallets and lips will be both happier than before. Give up those conventional lip balm and make your own in a matter of minutes.
Here is a quick guide for a homemade, naural im balm that will cost you less than half a dollar each. This batch can approximately make 20 lip balms.
- 1 tablespoon beeswax
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa butter (or shea butter or mango butter)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of beet powder or hibiscus powder (purely optional; this is just to add some tint)
- 20 drops of your essential oil
The choice of essential oil depends on you. Peppermint is cool and refreshing and lavender and mint is good for cracked lips. Other options would be orange, grapefruit or lime among others.
- Heat about an inch of water on a small pan.
- Put a small jar in the water. Make sure that water doesn’t get into the jar.
- Put all the ingredients together in the jar except for your essential oil of choice.
- Melt and slowly stir the ingredients.
- Stir in the essential oil.
- Use a glass dropper to fill up your lip balm containers.
- Let the filled up containers settle and cool for several hours until completely hardened.
- Store in a cool dry place and pucker up!
It’s easy and it just takes a few minutes to prepare. What’s best is you know the ingredients are all natural and safe!