Everywhere you turn these days there’s an anti-aging message: they are in the stores, on billboards, in the news, and so on. While we live in a society that favors youthful appearance, it’s important to learn to love the skin you’re in. We don’t stay young forever and that’s a good thing: with age comes wisdom and knowledge and a whole host of wonderful experiences. There’s no reason to climb onto the forever young hype train.
That said, if you want to look the best that you can, there’s nothing wrong with that. If you’re showing some signs of aging in your face and you’d rather turn back the clock a couple of years, there are some things you can do that are more natural than those chemical-laden products you find in your local stores. There are some anti aging essential oil blends that will smooth your wrinkles, hydrate your skin and make your face glow!
Anti Aging Essential Oil Blends
Anti Wrinkle Oil Blend for The Over Fifties
Here’s my favorite essential oil blend: yes, I’m proud to be in the over 50 crowd and looking fabulous, thanks to using essential oils for my beauty regimen!
I found this recipe The Complete Book Of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood. This book has over 600 natural, non-toxic and fragrant recipes for everything you can think of. Get one for yourself to learn more about how to use essential oils properly.The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
- 5 drops of violet leaf oil
- 10 drops of evening primrose oil
- 3 drops of lavender oil
- 5 drops of galbanum oil
- 10 drops of neroli oil
- 5 drops of rose oil
- 10 drops of borage seed oil
- 2 drops of myrrh oil
- 10 drops of carrot oil
- 10 drops of bois de rose oil
- 2 tablespoons of carrier oil (hazelnut, almond, or apricot kernel oil)
Use this mixture to massage your face (and if you wish neck and chest) every night before bed time, and in just a couple short weeks, you’ll be amazed at the difference in your sin.
Simple Anti-aging Essential Oil Blend With Argan Oil
Argan oil is rich in natural fatty acids, omega 6 and vitamin E, and it’s one of the staples at my house. I use it for myself, and my daughter (21 years old) loves it for her blends as well.
Here’s my easy to make recipe with argan oil: 3 drops each of these oils in argan oil.
There are a lot more anti aging essential oil blend ideas, but you’ve hopefully been inspired to find what works best for your skin!
In the video below, Tammy tells us how to use certain essential oils for anti-aging and she also explains carrier oils and many more important things you should know. She actually shows you some of the formulas she uses daily right in the video. It’s just under 30 minutes long but it’s well worth the time to give it a watch. Enjoy!
What Are The Causes For Skin Aging
Biological age has something to do with skin aging, but there are also many other causes that we can actually control:Younger Skin Starts in the Gut: 4-Week Program to Identify and Eliminate Your Skin-Aging Triggers – Gluten, Wine, Dairy, and Sugar
- Extensive sun exposure – make sure you protect your skin when in full sun. I LOVE a good tan, but I also know not to stay in the full blasting sun in the middle of the day. Your best bet for getting a beautiful tan is to get your dose of beauty sunning in the morning (before 10AM) and in late afternoon (after 4.30PM): this way you avoid the damaging of your skin, while still enjoying the sun.
- Smoking – let me be direct here: smoking is neither pretty, nor healthy. It causes skin to turn dull, and accentuates wrinkles, because as a result of smoking skin loses its elasticity. If you can, make that decision to stop smoking today. And if not, at least slow down in the number of cigarettes you use daily.
- Alcohol – alcohol isn’t gentle on the skin: it dehydrates and over time, it damages the skin, giving your complexion an older look
- Using too much, or the wrong skin care – these days girls are pressured from an early age to use products on their faces to keep up with their peers. Unfortunately, this can turn ugly if they make the wrong choice for their beauty products. Some girls end up sleeping with their makeup, clogging up their pores, others use too much too early, and yet others use the wrong beauty products, just because it looked good on their friends.
These are only a few of the reasons we get wrinkles and an aged look. So, how can one make sure their skin stays younger, longer? I’m glad you asked, because it’s so easy!
How to Reduce Premature Aging
Preventing aging doesn’t have to be hard! You just need to look at what you’ve been doing to cause or facilitate skin aging, and stop doing it. Here are just a few ideas:DHC Deep Cleansing Oil Mini, 3 Pack
- drink more water
- eat a healthy diet
- exercise more
- get plenty of sleep
- do a deep cleansing of your face weekly
- use age appropriate beauty products
- stay out of the hot sun in the middle of the day
- stop smoking
You can learn more about preventing skin aging at the American Academy of Dermatology.
You can also create your own anti-aging blends with essential oils to use instead of the commercially bought beauty products you use now. You’ll not only have the best possible skin care, but you’ll also save money in the process 😉