Learning about adrenal fatigue symptoms and treatment options will help you understand this condition a little better. Adrenal fatigue occurs when the adrenal glands are not functioning properly. These glands are located on the top of the kidneys and they produce the life-sustaining hormone called cortisol. It’s also referred to as the stress hormone because it regulates how your body responds to stress.
Terry Naturally Adrenaplex Healthy Adrenal Gland Function, Capsules–60 ea
For this reason, being under intense stress or living in a stressful environment for a long time can cause adrenal fatigue. It can however, occur after suffering from respiratory infections such as pneumonia or chronic bronchitis. When these glands do not function properly, the body is unable to produce the right amount of cortisol and it causes other hormonal imbalances that affect the body in three stages.
During the first stage, your cortisol levels tend to peak at night, causing insomnia. It may also lead to weight gain in the abdominal area and insulin resistance. By the time you reach the second stage, most people begin waking up between 2 and 4 in the morning and can’t fall back asleep. As a result, you become exhausted and very stressed out by evening.
The third stage is called the burnout stage. It does not matter how much sleep you get, you still feel exhausted and some people suffer from low Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and thyroid hormone levels. This stage also puts you at high risk for autoimmune disease.
Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue
Being tired sometimes is normal, especially if you’re not getting enough sleep. However, staying tired all the time, even when you get plenty of sleep is not normal. It could be the first symptom of adrenal fatigue.
Since this condition creates a hormonal imbalance, the symptoms may vary depending on which hormones are affected. However, most everyone experience one or all of the following symptoms:
Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome
- Chronic fatigue in the mornings – Do you wake up tired and sleepy even after getting a good night sleep?
- Burst of energy in the evening – A spike in cortisol levels in the evening can lead to a sudden burst of energy, whereas cortisol levels should reach their peak first thing in the mornings.
- Crave salty foods – This condition can cause the body to produce less aldosterone hormones, which leads to frequent urination and the inability to balance the minerals in the blood, which leads to craving salty foods.
- Weak immune system – An imbalance in cortisol levels can wreak havoc on your immune system. Elevated cortisol levels weaken the immune system and make you more susceptible to all types of diseases, while low levels can cause it to over react to pathogens.
- Difficulty handling stressful situations – Adrenaline, norepinephrine and cortisol hormones all help you deal with stress in a calm and reasonable manner. This condition causes low levels of these hormones, which make it difficult to deal with any type of stress.
People suffering from adrenal fatigue may also suffer from dry skin, joint pain, weight gain, pain in the lower back, dizziness, poor circulation and dark circles under the eyes. It may also lower your sex drive and cause your blood pressure or sugar levels to drop.
Natural Treatment Options For Adrenal Fatigue
Millions of people have this condition and many of them don’t even realize it. If you need some type of stimulate to help you get going in the mornings and to keep you going all day long, you may be suffering from adrenal fatigue. If symptoms get too bad, it may even prevent you from living a normal life but there are ways that you can treat this condition naturally.
How Diet Can Help Adrenal Fatigue
Adrenal Reset Diet: 7 Day Adrenal Reset Program Proven To Restore Energy And Cure Adrenal Fatigue (Hormone reset diet, adrenal fatigue, adrenal reset, … sugar detox, insomnia, anxiety,stress)
Start by implementing a good diet plan. What you eat plays a major role in your overall health but it also affects your adrenal glands.
Eliminate foods that are hard to digest, such as the ones below:
- Processed foods
- Sugar and artificial sweeteners
- Microwaveable foods
- Hydrogenated oils
Eat foods that are easy to digest such as the following:
- Lean protein foods like fish, chicken and turkey
- Gluten free carbs
- Bright colored vegetables
- Whole grains
- Nutrient-dense foods like coconut, avocado, olives and nuts
To learn more about the adrenal fatigue diet plan, visit The Adrenal Fatigue Solutions.
Herbs For Adrenal Fatigue
Use adaptogen herbs to help the body to adapt or deal with the stress you face daily. These herbs increase your energy level, endurance and stamina. They also help to improve your focus, concentration and mental clarity. Adaptogen herbs are organically grown and some of the most popular ones include Holy Basil, Ashwagandha, Ginseng and Rhodiola Rosea.
Rest For Adrenal Fatigue
The last step is to get a good night sleep. The body needs 8 to 10 hours of sleep a night, every night. It’s also important for you to be in bed around 11 pm because after that time, you may experience another surge of cortisol that makes it difficult to go to sleep. In addition to getting a good night sleep, make time to relax and enjoy life. Reducing your stress levels will go a long ways in treating adrenal fatigue.