When you have children, you need to be prepared to act on a whim. Some days it could be a scratch, other days a fever, and yet another time, just the wild west 😉
If you have some roller blends for kids already prepared, you’re ready for almost anything. These roller blends are a great way to treat many of the health problems moms and dads handle each day. Minor cuts and scrapes, tummy aches and being too hyper to sleep at night are common problems that many parents face. The good news is that you can treat many of these problems naturally with essential oils for kids. The roller-ball bottle just makes it a lot easier to use the blends you make.
You can make a variety of essential oil blends for your kids to treat a wide range of health issues. Making your blends and storing them in rollerball bottles makes them easy to access so you always have a blend handy when a problem arises.
Basic Roller Blend For Kids
Here’s what you need to make a roller blend for kids:
Pure Essential Oils Roller Bottles with Recipe eBook, 6-Pack, Cobalt Blue
- 10 mL glass roller bottles (these are my favorite)
- carrier oil – my favorites are fractionated coconut oil and almond oil, but you can use pretty much any carrier oils you have on hand.
- 10 drops essential oils (learn more about essential oils for kids)
- plastic droppers – these are optional, but they’ll save you a lot of cleaning up, since the roller bottles have such small openings.
For best results, add your essential oils first, then top off with carrier oil. The above recipes will need to be adjusted for the age of the child. 10 drops of essential oil per 10 ml carrier is about right for children between 6 and 15 years old (add more for older kids, or less for younger).
Sweet Dreams Blend
- 1 drop orange oil
- 3 drops cedarwood oil
- 3 drops lavender oil
- 2 drops ylang-ylang oil
- sweet almond oil
- 4 drops lavender oil
- 4 drops frankincense oil
- 2 drops of tea tree oil
- fractionated coconut oil
- 4 drops spearmint
- 4 drops frankincense
- 2 drops wild orange
- avocado oil
Tantrum Tamer Blend
- 4 drops wild orange oil
- 2 drops of frankincense oil
- 3 drops of spruce oil
- 2 drops of Roman chamomile oil
Benefits of the Rollerball Bottle
The main reason to use a rollerball bottle is that it’s so easy to use. Simply tilt or turn the bottle upside down to apply the oil to the affected area. It won’t pour out or even drip so you don’t waste any oil when applying. This saves you time and cuts back on how much oil you use.
Rollerball bottles are portable so you can carry them with you everywhere you go. The 5 and 10 ml bottles are the most popular and you can buy them at Amazon.com. The dark or amber bottles help preserve the integrity of the oils, making them a great buy.
Rollerball bottles make it easy to store your blends so they are available when you need them. They help prevent waste and make it easy to apply the blends to your kids. Are you ready to stock up on some roller blends to help keep your kids happy and healthy all year long?
8 Ways to Use Roller Blends for Kids
- If your kids are very active and never seem to run out steam, create a blend that helps them fall asleep faster and rest more peacefully at night. Lavender, bergamot, frankincense and roman chamomile are all good oils to use for these blends.
- Help your kids focus better and become more aware of their surroundings with oils like spearmint, orange, cedarwood and valor. This blend is especially useful for school age kids.
- Ease an upset stomach with fennel, and lemon essential oils.
- When cold and flu season rolls around, boost their immune system with oils like lemon, oregano, frankincense and eucalyptus (for older kids). These blends will help the body’s fight off the viruses and bacteria that makes them sick.
- Fight seasonal allergies with spearmint, basil, lemon, and lavender oil blends. These oils can help your kids breathe easier and feel better all season long.
- Use Cedarwood, lavender and vetiver oil blends to help treat and control ADHD symptoms.
- Treat minor cuts and abrasions with tea tree, lavender and frankincense oils. They relieve pain and promote healing and they won’t burn and sting like many of the commercial products do.
- No matter how hard you try, there will be times when your kids get a cold or the flu. During those times, use essential oil blends that include lavender, lime and basil to ease the symptoms.
These are some of the main ways that you can use essential oil blends to treat some of the health issues your kids encounter and using the roller bottles make applying them even easier.
What do you roll them on? The feet?
Yes, roll it on the bottom of their feet, behind their neck, pulse points, etc.
hi it doesn’t say how much carrier oil to add, can you tell me please.
Deborah, all the recipes on this page are for 10ml roller bottles (I mention this before I start with the recipes). Hope that helps.